Let our experience go to work for you!
What sets us apart?
Instead of hounding existing clients or future prospects we spend our time building relationships, making friends, and providing the absolute highest quality service available. That’s why all of our business comes from referrals and recommendations.
We broker a full range of group products, in addition to administration and hand’s on customer service.
Group Benefits for Companies
We provide education to our clients about the day to day administration of a group plan. We can ensure a smooth transition whether setting up your group benefits with a new insurance carrier or reviewing your plan with your existing insurance carrier. We will also streamline a plan that is suitable for your company and your employees.
Our services include:
- Detailed employee benefits audit
- Market analysis
- Provide in-depth product comparison and cost analysis
- Provide step by step instructions to implement and set up the plan
- Delivering the administration kit
- Train plan administrators on key issues
- Education sessions with employees
- 24 hour turn around on emails
- Monthly Bulletins
- Annual experience update
- Renewal analysis and negotiations
- Provide Employees Sessions on LegalShield
- Health Spending Account setup and adjudication of claims
- Travel coverage quotes provided on our website www.beneco.ca
- Individual Health and Dental quotes provided on our website www.beneco.ca
Integrity – Experience – Knowledge – Customer Service
These are the qualities that we feel are key to our day to day organization. Together these characteristics form the basis of our core values and have seen us through more than 40 years of combined experience serving clients.
Tax-Free Reimbursement of Health and Dental Expenses
What is a Cost Plus Plan?
A Cost Plus Plan can be used to reimburse expenses that are not covered by group insurance plans or government healthcare. It can also be used as an option when there is no group health plan within a company.
It is designed to be a Private Health Services Plan under the Federal Income Tax Act whereby claims payment is not taxable income to the employee, and the payment can be deducted by the employer as a business expense.
How do I qualify?
You qualify if you operate an incorporated business or a limited company. The size of your business is not a factor. Please see IT Bulletin (IT-519R2) under Government website – (www.cra-arc.gc.ca).
What does the plan cover?
The plan covers 100% of all eligible medical, dental and vision care. See eligible expenses on following pages.
How does it work?
An initial set up fee of $350.00 to establish the trust would be paid in advance. An annual maintenance fee of $100.00 will be implemented on the yearly anniversary date of the private health services plan.
The fee for administering Cost Plus is based on 10% of the claim amount, plus applicable taxes (minimum claim dollar amount of $150.00). We will provide full disclosure of your accounts for future audit control and employee/employer information.
List of Professional Services
Note: A qualified medical practitioner is a person who is authorized to practice in accordance to the laws of the province and certified according to the practitioners governing body.
- All Optical Services
- Massage Therapy
- Psychologist (if licensed)
- Speech Therapist
- Dental Mechanic
- Plastic Surgeon (Reconstructive Surgery)
- Practical Nurse
- Dental X-rays
- Gum Treatment
- Filling Teeth
- Oral Surgery (E.G. root canal)
- Denture Repair
- Extracting Teeth
- Teeth (e.g. braces
Laboratory Examinations and Tests
- Blood Tests
- Metabolism Tests
- Imaging (MRI)
- Stool Examination
- X-ray examination
- Spinal Fluid Tests
- CAT Scan
- Oxygen Masks, Tent
- Insulin or Substitutes
- X-ray Technician
- Hospital Bills
- Use of Operating Room
Any non-prescription medicine (over the counter), prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner and recorded by a licensed pharmacist.
- All Prescription Drugs
- Insulin or Substitutes
- Liver Extract – inject able for pernicious anemia
- Tapes or Tablets – for sugar content tests by diabetics, if prescribed
- Vitamin B12 – for pernicious anemia
Prescribed Medical Treatments
- Blood Transfusion
- Healing Services
- Pre-Natal, Post Natal Treatments
- Ultra-violet X-ray
- Whirlpool (Treatment Cost)
- Insulin Treatments
- Radium Therapy
- X-Ray Treatments
- Nursing by Registered Nurse
- Electric Shock Treatments Bone Marrow or Organ Transplant
Materials and Apparatus which are prescribed by a Recognized Medical Practitioner
- An external breast prosthesis
- Heart monitors or pace makers
- Any device designed to assist walking where the individual has mobility impairment.
- Hospital bed if required in home
- Inductive coupling osteogenesis stimulator
- Contact lenses
- Infusion pumps for diabetes including peripherals
- Monitors attached to babies identified as being prone to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Devices used by individuals suffering from a chronic respiratory ailment or severe chronic immune system
- Optical scanners or similar devices for a blind individual to enable him /her to read print
- Electronic or computerized environmental control systems
- Orthopedic shoes or boots for individuals with severe and prolonged mobility restrictions.
- Electronic speech synthesizers
- Oxygen Tent
- Power-operated guided chair installation for stairways.
- Power-operated lifts and transportation equipment designed to allow access to buildings, vehicles or to allow wheelchair access to a vehicle.
- Equipment that enable deaf or mute persons to make and receive telephone calls including visual ringing indicators, acoustic coupler, teletypewriter, which makes telephone communication possible with other persons.
- Extremity pumps or elastic support hose
- Synthetic speech systems, braile printers and large print-on-screen
- Devices that enable blind persons to utilize computers.
- Eye Glasses
- Television close captioned decoders
- Wigs if required as a result of disease, accident or medical treatment
Other Materials and apparatus which don’t require a prescription
- Any apparatus or material, paid to a doctor, dentist, nurse or hospital
- Catheters, catheter trays, tubing, diapers, disposable briefs required by incontinent persons.
- Colostomy pads
- Hernia truss
- Laryngeal speaking aid
- Rocking bed for polio victim
- Spinal brace
- Iron lung
- Any device to aid the hearing of a deaf person including bone conduction, telephone receivers, extra-loud audible signals and devices to permit volume adjustment of telephone equipment above normal levels.
- Artificial eye
- Artificial kidney machine, including installation, operating costs
- Artificial limb
- Blood sugar level measuring devices for diabetics
- Transportation, meals and accommodation (reasonable expenses for meals, accommodation and travel costs)
- Reasonable costs for adapting a residence to accommodate a disabled person (e.g. wheelchair ramp, lift, bath facilities)
- Rehabilitative therapy, lip reading and sign language training.
- Transportation costs-to hospital, clinic or doctor’s office to obtain services not otherwise available
- Home Maker Service and Home Care (attendant must be a non-relative)
The following expenditures would NOT be covered under this plan
- Acupuncture treatments if they were not performed by a licensed Physician
- Scales for weighing food
- Special foods or beverages are not a deductible expense for tax purposes. However, if said, food or beverages are taken to alleviate or treat an illness and not nutritional, they may be allowed. Such claims must be accompanied by a letter from a medical doctor
- Antiseptic diaper service
- Air conditioners, humidifiers, dehumidifiers or air cleaner
- Health programs offered by resort hotels, health clubs
- Illegal operations, treatment or drugs
- Maternity clothes
- Medical expenses for which you are reimbursed or are entitled to be reimbursed from other plans.
- Wigs – unless made to order for individuals who have suffered abnormal hair loss owing to disease, medical treatment or accident.
- (Non prescription) birth control devices
- IMPORTANT –Provincial Health care premiums ARE NOT eligible expenditures
- Payments to a municipality where the municipality employed
We broker a full range of employee benefits, and we also provide administration and hands-on customer service.
Would you like to sign up for our next business networking event?
You can do so here: Event Registration